- This event has passed.
FCA’s NEW GI Pricing Practices, Product Governance and Product Value Webinar
August 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am£45
The FCA has published the long-awaited policy statement: General insurance pricing practices market study – Feedback to CP20/19 and final rules (PS21/5). These wide-ranging rules address what has been described as the ‘loyalty penalty’ paid by existing general insurance product customers and aim to ensure that customers receive fair value in the insurance products they buy. The rules introduce a package of market remedies which include:
- A requirement that when a firm offers a renewal price to a customer it can be no greater than the equivalent new business price for a new customer;
- Additional product governance rules that require firms to have processes in place to deliver products that offer fair value to customers with these new processes applying to all general insurance products and this will include onerous considerations in respect of distribution and remuneration arrangements;
- Rules to enable firms to offer accessible and easy options for customers wishing to cancel auto-renewal;
- Detailed reporting requirements to support the ongoing supervision of the home and motor insurance markets (to include reporting by intermediaries on premium finance and fees/charges that are levied).
The rules relating to systems and controls, product governance and premium finance come into effect on 1 October 2021. The rules on pricing, auto‑renewal and reporting will come into effect on 1 January 2022, with a transitional provision (until 17 January) for the rules on pricing and auto‑renewal disclosure.
Learning objectives – by the end of this webinar you will gain an overview of:-
- The new rules to end ‘price walking’ whereby existing customers pay more than new customers;
- What significant changes to internal policies that have to be made;
- What product governance arrangements will be including existing distribution arrangements;
- Above all, an understanding of “value” when it comes to all forms of general insurance.
It is relevant to anyone in GI to include brokers and insurers and anyone with an interest in this area.
Branko Bjelobaba FCII started his insurance career in 1987 and has worked across the sector including stints at PwC and GISC and has led his own consultancy practice since 2004. He works closely with AMII (retained compliance consultant since 2004), BIBA and the CII and has provided many well-received (even entertaining!) training events throughout the UK. He is a recipient of the Thomson Reuters Compliance Personality of the Year Award, the London Market People Award for Legal and Compliance and was Highly Commended in the CII Public Trust Awards 2021.
Since the world went virtual Branko has so far provided over 140+ events to more than 8,500 CII members and feedback has been superb:-
“Branko’s webinars are certainly one of the best. He can present quite a dry and relatively boring subject with such a passion and engages his public constantly. His events have very valuable content and presentation materials are well prepared and comprehensive.”
“Branko has energy and enthusiasm and character which led to an engaging presentation. I would definitely sign up and recommend others do too for other topics/webinars led by him.”
“The content was excellent and brilliantly presented – most enjoyable webinar yet.”
“Very informative and well-structured webinar from a very engaging presenter. Well done!”